This is an edited version of something that Ruby shared on Instagram , merely we wanted to reshare as we loved the honesty and sentiment behind information technology.

Oftentimes when I write to our customers, I am speaking about something I am non expert in (like trying to solve all of lodge's problems concluding time). Luckily for all of us, this time I have pretty well stayed in my lane: making dress. Information technology's what I practice, take ever washed, always will do. It'due south in me claret my friends

Turns out though, writing on a subject I know a lot about is way harder than one I know relatively petty almost. I suddenly understand the allure of opinion writing and hosting talkback!

The matter is, while making wearing apparel has been part of my daily life since I was 14, at that place is still so, so much for me to learn.

Liam patterns was launched in August of last twelvemonth, and a very clear message I got from that was that nosotros needed to increase our standard size range. Since then I have been working on a project to understand how best to do this.

And so I'g super excited to say that our side by side collection volition be launching early on September, with pieces available off the rack in size 4 to 24. And while we practise currently offer Ruddy Favourites in sizes 18 & xx, the full Ruby collections will be available off the rack in sizes 4-20 from September too (and we volition all the same offer custom sizing for those who are exterior of that standard size range).

A huge part of 'performance aggrandize our size range' was to work with a bunch of unlike people, mostly sized 14-24, to ensure the fits our of product are magnifique.

I am so grateful to everyone I worked with for their insights and enthusiasm. And also for assuasive themselves to be vulnerable.

It'south a big deal to get down to your knickers and so pull samples on that don't quite fit right however, and so requite me useful feedback while I am pinning underneath your armpit.

An unexpected learning for me has been that none of my collaborators knew their measurements, with some letting me know that the thought of being measured is upsetting, triggering and uncomfortable.

I empathize what might be driving these feelings. While for so many reasons nosotros are lucky to live hither and now, there is still a toxic expectation around what shape our bodies "should" be.

I demand to acknowledge the clothing industry's office in perpetuating this unhealthy, diminishing culture. Information technology's on all of u.s. to practice the bloody work to shift it in whatever manner we tin.

Even so, from a purely geometric perspective, at that place is power in knowing your dimensions. It makes information technology much easier to buy clothing, whether in IRL stores, or online.

So I'one thousand here to permit you know my measurements, what size they translate to at Ruby-red, and explicate how y'all tin can have your own measurements and then that y'all are better informed.

Bust 105cm - size 16

Waist 92cm  - size sixteen

Hip 112cm - size 14

Cup 12f

As you can run into, my torso is made up of unlike sizes. This is pretty standard.

What it means is that when I am choosing a size for myself, I remember virtually the shape of the garment, and how I want it to sit on me.

For instance I would likely go for a size 14 pant, just probably a size xvi top. With dresses, information technology depends on the silhouette. Probably I would go for a 14, but I would for certain endeavour the size 16 on besides.

In terms of how to have your measurements - some tips from yours truly:

- Ideally someone else would do this for yous. If you would prefer to do this as a solo practise, make sure you lot practise it in front end of a total-length mirror so you can watch what yous are doing.

- The record measure should always be directly on your body / parallel to the floor.

- When you are wrapping the tape measure around, information technology shouldn't be too tight, like making a dent. And information technology shouldn't exist loose like it's baggy. Think about information technology being a well-fitting ring y'all clothing on your finger.

- Bust: make sure y'all are wearing a bra, unless you never clothing one. It should be the circumference of the widest point, with the record going over your nipples.

- Waist: this is the narrowest function of your waist. Yous shouldn't be able to shimmy it up and downward.

- Hip: the measurement that trips a lot of people up! The "hip" is non the "hip bone", it is the "booty". Literally the widest part of your bum. When you hold the record mensurate in a circumvolve, if you shimmy it upwardly and downwardly over your bum information technology shouldn't get whatsoever bigger. It can be helpful to turn side-on to the mirror when you lot exercise this as information technology's easier to see the most sicky-outy bit